Calm-Pro™ The Green Tea Serenity Factor 90 Chewable Tablets ( SKU: 9282, NPN: 80020918 )
- Reduces stress and anxiety, restoring a calm mental state
- Contains Suntheanine®, a pure form of L-theanine, produced via a patented enzymatic process resulting in 100% pure L-isomer theanine
- Suntheanine is the most clinically studied L-theanine
- Delicious tropical fruit-flavored chewable tablets
L-theanine is an amino acid found naturally in tea. It has been shown to exert a calming effect on the brain, triggering the production of alpha brain waves associated with an awake-relaxed state, and decreasing beta brain waves associated with feelings of restlessness and nervousness.1,2 L-theanine influences levels of the neurotransmitters dopamine, serotonin, norepinephrine, and glutamate and is also metabolized into gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), a neurotransmitter that is key to relaxation and memory.3
|Each Chewable Tablet Contains:|
|Suntheanine® L-Theanine||100 mg|
Organic cane juice, xylitol, stearic acid, silica, natural fruit flavor (pineapple, banana, pomegranate, mango, passion fruit, orange, tangerine, mandarin), citric acid, vegetable grade magnesium stearate (lubricant).
Contains no artificial preservatives, colors, or sweeteners and no dairy, soy, wheat, or yeast.
Chew 2 tablets per day or as directed by a health care professional.
While no specific contraindication exists or is predicted, data is lacking for use during pregnancy and lactation, and in children; the dosage may need to be reduced for those younger than 18.
L-theanine is known to have a hypotensive effect in some individuals, and concomitant use of antihypertensive drugs may potentiate their activity.
1. Nobre, A.C., Rao, A., &Owen, G.N. (2008). L-theanine, a natural constituent in tea, and its effect on mental state. Asian Pacific Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 17 Suppl 1, 167-168.
2. Juneja, L.R., Chu, D., Okubo, T., et al. (1999). L-theanine-a unique amino acid of green tea and its relaxation effect in humans. Trends in Food Science &Technology, 10, 199-204.
3. Rao, T.P., Ozeki, M., &Juneja, L.R. (2015). In search of a safe natural sleep aid. Journal of the American College of Nutrition, 34(5), 436-447.