BCST for Mother and Child
Biodynamic Caniosacral Therapy (BCST)for Moms, Babies & Children
BCST is a natural and effective form of treatment for a wide range of disorders and conditions. It naturally aids the body, by unwinding injury, settling the nervous system, guiding the immune system, and restoring health.
How Does BCST Help During Pregnancy and Birth?
Pregnancy, birth, and early life are profound and formative times. These first moments can determine many aspects of our health and nature and condition for the rest of our lives. BCST offers a profound understanding of these events and through a unique and deep contact with the human system can help the expression of the innate force within each individual. The use of these skills and therapy helps the development of the embryo, fetus, baby, and mother.
How Does BCST Help Babies and Children?
BCST is extremely useful for babies who have experienced a difficult birth as it gently helps them resolve any residue from the birth process.
Babies and children respond well to BCST because it is gentle, non-invasive, and effective in ways they can intuitively recognize. Even small children quickly get used to the work as they develop trust in their practitioner. Pre-verbal children may actually direct the practitioner’s hands to areas of discomfort. Children easily show the dynamics of their experience through movement and sounds. Much subtle work can be done by the practitioner during playtime in which the child is observed and assisted in completing unresolved challenges. Parents are astounded by the way a crabby, hyperactive, or miserable child will fall into deep relaxation or sleep during a treatment. The challenge, of course, is the busy toddler who won’t lie still. Here the parent can help out by holding the child as the practitioner makes brief contacts on the spine, cranial, and sacrum.
A little goes a long way with a child. Whatever can be resolved during infancy or childhood, often in only a few sessions, can potentially prevent decades of medical and psychological treatment later on. The resolution of misaligned forces makes us less accident-prone because we are not off-balance.
BCST is not only safe but recommended during pregnancy as it:
- calms the nervous system of both mother and child,
- encouraging emotional bonding which can otherwise be short-circuited due to pre-natal and birth stresses and trauma.
Benefits of BCST for Mother and Child
The Biodynamic approach can contact the Primal Midline of the infant’s delicate nervous system- the midline holds our Originality, the state of perfection enables us to be less affected by negative influence from our genetics. Also, although the growing prenate is highly conscious, she/he does not know the difference between a mother’s thoughts and feelings and its own, so when Mom’s system is soothed and balanced during pregnancy, the baby gains huge benefits.
- Physically – influences the cranial bones, the central nervous system; brain and spinal column, as well as the fluid that bathes it. From our skeletal system and the bones of the cranium to the ebbing and flowing of our endocrine system, this cranial modality is effective, yet gentle holistic healing.
- Emotionally- affects very deep and primary patterns, while providing the client with resource and space to explore their emotional landscape. BCST provides a deep sense of resourcing within the client. This resourcing provides a safe container for emotional issues to resolve.
- Spiritually- open doors to both our hearts and soul, profoundly changing our lives.
I feel healing mother and child in this stage of development is very important, for, if we can re-pattern the trauma and resolve issues at the earliest of age very quickly, we can form a foundation for healthy, secure, resilient children, and parent-child relationships that are based on mutual trust, pleasure and love – essential attributes for healthy adulthood and caring society, for generations.
-Sheila Viel, RN, Di Bioregulatory Medicine, RCST,DNM pHotential Health