CortAlign® Stress Manager 90 g Tablets ( SKU: 9300, NPN: 80064503 )
- Promotes relaxation temporarily and increases resistance to stress and anxiety
- Provides adaptogenic protection against diverse stressors
- Herbal formula, no glandular extracts
- Standardized herbal ingredients provide 5% withanolides (ashwagandha), 8.5% honokiol (magnolia), and 2.1% berberine (Phellodendron)
- Each tablet contains clinical dosages of botanicals
- Suitable for vegetarians
CortAlign contains a unique variety of botanicals and nutrients shown to have a synergistic blunting effect on stress and anxiety, as well as normalizing cortisol secretion. Ashwagandha has a number of adaptogenic effects, including modulating GABA receptors, which are partly responsible for the significant reduction in anxiety and stress as shown in clinical trials.1,2 The KSM-66 formulation of ashwagandha specifically has been shown to reduce serum cortisol levels by 27%, and improve markers of depression, stress, and anxiety compared to placebo.3
The combination of magnolia and Phellodendron (Relora® blend) has a synergistic effect for reducing stress and anxiety and has been shown to reduce salivary cortisol levels and perception of stress, to improve other mood parameters such as depression, and to prevent stress-related weight gain compared to placebo.4,5 L-theanine (Suntheanine®) has also been shown to reduce anxiety in clinical trials and to reduce both subjective stress and cortisol production in response to a stressful event.6,7 Phosphatidylserine plays a critical role in neuronal cell structure and function and has been shown to blunt the stress response, improve mood, and normalize cortisol release.8,9
|Each Tablet Contains:|
|KSM-66 AshwagandhaTM Extract (Withania somnifera) (root) (5% Withanolides)||300 mg|
|Relora® Blend||250 mg|
|Magnolia Bark (Magnolia Officinalis) (stem bark) (8.5% Honokiol)||68.75 mg|
|Phellodendron (Phellodendron amurense) (stem bark) (2.5% Berberine)||22.50 mg|
|Suntheanine® L-Theanine (Camellia sinensis) (leaf)||100 mg|
|Phosphatidylserine (Helianthus annuus) (seed)||25 mg|
Microcrystalline cellulose, dibasic calcium phosphate dihydrate, hydroxypropyl cellulose, silica, croscarmellose sodium, stearic acid, coating (carbohydrate gum [cellulose], glycerin), vegetable grade magnesium stearate (lubricant).
Contains no artificial colors, preservatives, or sweeteners; no sugar, wheat, gluten, yeast, soy, egg, fish, shellfish, salt, tree nuts, or GMOs. Suitable for vegetarians.
Recommended Adult Dose: 2 tablets per day or as directed by a health care practitioner.
Do not use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
L-theanine is known to have a hypotensive effect in some individuals, and concomitant use of CortAlign with antihypertensive drugs may potentiate their activity. Theoretically, the herbs present in CortAlign may have additive effects when used with sedative medications, such as benzodiazepines or CNS depressants, and should be used with caution when taken concomitantly.
1. Candelario, M., Cuellar, E., Reyes-Ruiz, J.M., et al. (2015). Direct evidence for GABAergic
activity of Withania somnifera on mammalian ionotropic GABAA and GABA? receptors.
J Ethnopharmacol, 171, 264-72.
2. Pratte, M.A., Nanavati, K.B., Young, V., et al. (2014). An alternative treatment for anxiety:
a systematic review of human trial results reported for the Ayurvedic herb ashwagandha
(Withania somnifera). J Altern Complement Med, 20(12), 901-8.
3. Chandrasekhar, K., Kapoor, J., Anishetty, S. (2012). A prospective, randomized double-blind,
placebo-controlled study of safety and efficacy of a high-concentration full-spectrum
extract of ashwagandha root in reducing stress and anxiety in adults. Indian J Psychol Med,
4. Talbott, S.M., Talbott, J.A., Pugh, M. (2013). Effect of Magnolia Officinalis and
Phellodendron amurense (Relora®) on cortisol and psychological mood state
in moderately stressed subjects. J Int Soc Sports Nutr, 10(1), 37.
5. Garrison, R., Chambliss, W.G. (2006). Effect of a proprietary Magnolia and Phellodendron
extract on weight management: a pilot, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial.
Altern Ther Health Med, 12(1), 50-4.
6. Ritsner, M.S., Miodownik, C., Ratner, Y., et al. (2011). L-theanine relieves positive, activation,
and anxiety symptoms in patients with schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder: an
8-week, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, 2-center study. J Clin Psychiatry,
7. White, D.J., de Klerk, S., Woods, W., et al. (2016). Anti-Stress, Behavioural and
Magnetoencephalography Effects of an L-Theanine-Based Nutrient Drink: A Randomised,
Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Crossover Trial. Nutrients, 8(1).
8. Benton, D., Donohoe, R.T., Sillance, B., et al. (2001). The influence of phosphatidylserine
supplementation on mood and heart rate when faced with an acute stressor. Nutr Neurosci,
9. Hellhammer, J., Vogt, D., Franz, N., et al. (2014). A soy-based phosphatidylserine/
phosphatidic acid complex (PAS) normalizes the stress reactivity of hypothalamus-pituitary adrenal-
axis in chronically stressed male subjects: a randomized, placebo-controlled study.
Lipids Health Dis, 13, 121.